Monday, June 25, 2012

For Brielle, with love

A long, long time ago, I spotted this bedding on Anthropologie.com. That photo with all the chalk board, yeah, LOVE IT. Cut to about nine months ago, one of my bestest friends had a baby girl. I picked out one of my favourite fabric lines & got to work. Then I stopped when my quilt top was almost finished....you know how it goes. The newborn is now closer to being a one year old! (Ouch, sorry to the baby mama, but it's true...) (Also, look away if you want to see it in person first)

Here she is.

Aviary 2 for Brielle


And the back, with a little bit of hexie love there in the middle...
[Bringing] Hexie Back

Quilt Stats
Fabric: Aviary 2 by Joel Dewberry
    Kona Charcoal, Eggplant, Artichoke, Violet & Aloe
Size: 45 x 45"
Pattern & Quilting: Me, wingin' it.

 
Sew Happy Geek

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Charlotte. Wow. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful quilt! Love Aviary 2 and you've done such a fab job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful!! love the colors and the little hexie on the back is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you will see this even though the post is an old one: I just wanted to say this quilt is beautiful, and thanks for posting it! I am getting ready to make a quilt for my daughter and was deciding between the Aviary 2 and the Heirloom prints, so it was so helpful to see how all the Aviary 2 fabrics look together. Now I can't wait for my fabrics to arrive!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment :). Sorry, I am getting spammed & had to turn on the word verification for now.